A big part of this ride is the people. To be exact, we are 114 riders, a crew of alumni from the Arava Institute, mechanics, and incredible staff members from Hazon and the Arava Institute.
- Riders come from four countries–the US, Australia, Israel, and Canada
- 47 of the group are Israel Ride Alumni…while for 61 others, this is their first Hazon event
- We range in age from 12 to 74–with two young men celebrating their bar mitzvahs and three individuals older than 70
- We are 83 men and 39 women
- 11 riders have never been to Israel before
Everyone is coming from a different place with a singular story. Cycling days on end through the beautiful, and yet sometimes monotonous desert leaves some time for conversation–about 10 hours per day–so I’m hoping to meet a lot of the riders and share their stories with you. Check back from time to time for rider spotlights throughout the rest of the ride.