Hazon works to create healthier and more sustainable communities in the Jewish world and beyond. We’re the largest dedicated environmental organization in the American Jewish community. In aggregate we’re seeking to shift the nature of what it means to be Jewish in the 21st century – enabling and encouraging Jewish people to have an impact in the world and transforming Jewish life in the process. We are based in New York, NY and Falls Village CT, and have offices in Boulder, Denver, Detroit, and San Diego.
We have made it a priority to create an environment that enables our staff members to discover and develop their own talents in the context of their work. Our emphasis on empowering every individual, in every position, to be efficient, proactive and professional, and to approach their work from a place of compassion and love, is a vital part of Hazon’s larger vision of tikkun olam, repairing the world.
Equal Opportunity Statement: Hazon is strongly committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals. Hazon will make all employment decisions for staff and applicants without unlawful discrimination as to race, creed, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, alienage, citizenship or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and development, benefits, promotion, demotion transfer, discipline or termination. All Hazon staff, regardless of position, are expected to maintain and live up to the true meaning of nondiscrimination.
Current Job Openings at Hazon
Click the links below to view downloadable job descriptions (PDFs).
- Adamah Apprenticeship – Falls Village, CT
- Associate Registrar – Falls Village, CT
- Mashgiach – Falls Village, CT
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Hazon. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hazon Internships and Fellowships
- Adamah Farming 3-Month Fellowship (Spring, Summer, Fall) – Falls Village, CT
- Colorado Internship – Denver/Boulder, CO
- 2017 Summer Internships – New York, NY
- 2017-18 JOFEE Fellowship – multiple locations, US
- Looking for a JOFEE job? Looking to hire a top-notch candidate? Search for and post jobs here: JOFEE (Jewish Outdoor, Food, Farming & Environmental Education) Jobs
- Pearlstone Retreat Center is seeking a Chief Program Officer to lead their JOFEE programming. Read the full job description here.
- Pushing the Envelope Farm in Geneva, IL is seeking a Managing Director. Read the full job description here.
- Leichtag Foundation is seeking a Community Agriculture Program and Design Manager. Read the full job description here.
- Surprise Lake Camp is seeking a Farm Director. Read the full job description here.