Hazon works to create healthier and more sustainable communities in the Jewish world and beyond. We’re the largest dedicated environmental organization in the American Jewish community. In aggregate we’re seeking to shift the nature of what it means to be Jewish in the 21st century – enabling and encouraging Jewish people to have an impact in the world and transforming Jewish life in the process. We are based in New York, NY and Falls Village CT, and have offices in Boulder, Denver, and Detroit.
We have made it a priority to create an environment that enables our staff members to discover and develop their own talents in the context of their work. Our emphasis on empowering every individual, in every position, to be efficient, proactive and professional, and to approach their work from a place of compassion and love, is a vital part of Hazon’s larger vision of tikkun olam, repairing the world.
Hazon is strongly committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals. Hazon will make all employment decisions for staff and applicants without unlawful discrimination as to race, color, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, pregnancy, gender, age, marital or partnership status, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, arrest or conviction record, status as a victim of domestic violence, unemployment status, credit history or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and development, benefits, promotion, demotion transfer, discipline or termination. All Hazon staff, regardless of position, are expected to maintain and live up to the true meaning of nondiscrimination.
Current Job Openings at Hazon
Click the links below to view downloadable job descriptions (PDFs).
- Adamah Field Apprenticeship with a Post Harvest Specialization – Falls Village, CT
- Development Associate – New York, NY
- Seal of Sustainability Coordinator – Chicago, IL
- Teva Director – Falls Village, CT
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Hazon. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hazon Internships and Fellowships
- Adamah Farming 3-Month Fellowship (Spring, Summer, Fall) – Falls Village, CT
- Colorado Internship – Denver/Boulder, CO
- JOFEE (Jewish Outdoor Food Farming and Environmental Education) Fellowship 2019-2020 – Multiple Locations, US
- Hazon is soliciting proposals for an evaluation project that will examine the next five years of Hakhel: The Jewish Intentional Communities Incubator, and the impact on the field. The outcome of this evaluation will result in up to five annual reports that provide actionable recommendations for Hakhel’s staff and funders. Download RFP
- Looking for a JOFEE job? Looking to hire a top-notch candidate? Search for and post jobs here: JOFEE (Jewish Outdoor, Food, Farming & Environmental Education) Jobs