Sixty-three years after the signing of Israel’s Declaration of Independence, the New Israel Fund invites you to celebrate the social justice values enshrined in that document.
In partnership with Hazon, Repair the World, and Pursue we will host members of the newly-launched Siach network, an international network of Jewish social justice and environmental professionals, and explore the important work progressive activists are doing in Israel and the U.S. Emceed by Ami Dar, founder of Idealist.org, followed by in-depth learning with:
- Religious pluralism with Noga Brener-Samia (BINA) and Sarra Alpert (AVODAH)
- Environmental justice with Einat Kramer (Teva Ivri) and Nigel Savage (Hazon)
- Women’s rights with Noa Sattath (Israel Religious Action Center) and Nancy Kaufman (National Council of Jewish Women)
- Housing for marginalized communities with Alon Cohen-Lifshitz (Bimkom – Planners for Planning Rights) and Anya Rous (Jews for Racial and Economic Justice)
- Migrant workers’ rights with Osnat Cohen-Lifshitz (Hotline for Migrant Workers)
A light, kosher meal and refreshments will be served.
Hosted by Hebrew Union College, 1 West 4th Street at Broadway
Cost: $15 general, $8 students in advance ($20 and $10 at the door)
Purchase online here or by phone at 212.613.4400
In partnership with Hazon, Repair the World, Pursue
Date: Monday, May 16, 2011
Time: 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Hebrew Union College
1 West 4th St.
New York, NY 10012