Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center, Falls Village, CT
I don’t have the strength to leave this beautiful place, so I’ll take it with me
Enjoy the the last Shabbat of 5778 as you prepare for Rosh Hashanah with spirited, diverse prayer and deep learning in a beautiful setting
- Two prayer service options: Traditional Egalitarian (led by Rabbi Aviva Richman and Rabbi Dr. Tzemah Yoreh) and Orthodox (led by Rabbi Avraham Arieh and Rachel Trugman)
- Stunning Berkshires retreat center and farm, hikes to our mountaintop overlook, farm tours, boating on Lake Miriam, and more, all yours to deeply enjoy at Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center
- Learning Torah of many colors with an amazing line-up of teachers
- Farm-to-Table feasts featuring Adamah produce, Grow and Behold meat, fresh baked challah, delicious kosher wine, homemade pickles, healthy desserts, etc
- Scholarships available: See “scholarship” tab below for more details
Extend your stay and join us for Rosh Hashanah too!
Rates and Registration
|Dormitory This per-person price is for double or triple-occupancy, meaning you could be sharing a room with up to two other people. Dormitory rooms have twin and/or bunk beds and a shared bathroom in our Kaufmann or Elm buildings.||$290|
|Basic Housing This per-person price is for double-occupancy. Basic rooms have queen or twin-sized beds and a shared bathroom in our Maple, Blue Heron, and Cedar buildings.||$330|
|Standard Housing This per-person price is for double-occupancy . Standard rooms have queen or twin-sized beds and a private bathroom in our Pine and Scheuer buildings.||$410|
|Standard Plus This per-person price is for double-occupancy. Standard Plus rooms have queen beds, a private bathroom, and are located in our Weinberg and May buildings.||$520|
|Camper The camper fee includes all meals, programming, use of the facility, and access to bathrooms and hot showers. Campers must provide their own tent and bedding. Prices are per person.||$240|
|Commuter The commuter fee includes all meals, programming, and use of the facility throughout the retreat. Overnight lodging is not included. Prices are per person.||$240|
|Children Children’s rates apply to children ages 5 -12 staying in the same room as two adults. Children under the age of 5 are free, and teens 13 and up pay adult prices. Prices are per person. Children ages 5-12 will be automatically enrolled in Camp Teva upon registering.||$120|
You will receive a confirmation email once you have registered. If you do not receive the confirmation email within 24 hours of registering, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (860) 824-5991 ext. 0.
We strive to make our programs affordable to everyone. Limited scholarships are available, please see the scholarships tab for details.
I am filled with gratitude and illumination from my time at Isabella Freedman. I am not sure where the scholarship money came from that allowed me to attend the retreat, but I hope you can share this whomever made it possible.
We strive to make our retreats affordable to everyone.We believe retreats are important experiences to be shared. Inclusiveness is one of our core values. We strive to ensure that our retreats are as financially accessible as possible. The Tamar fund makes that aspiration possible. Read about more about the Tamar Fund, in loving memory of Tamar Bittelman z’’l.
Please be sure to read the application guidelines in the form below
Arrival and Departure
Check-in is from 3 to 5 pm on Friday, September 7th. You must be checked out of your room by 10 am on the day your retreat ends. The retreat will come to an end with lunch on Sunday, September 9th.
Driving & Parking
Driving directions can be found on our website. If using a navigation system, our address is 116 Johnson Rd, Falls Village CT, 06031.
There are two parking lots: one next to the tennis court by the main entrance, and one by the barnyard on the other end of campus. There is also accessible parking located across from the Main Building. Please do not park on the grass anywhere on campus. Parking in front of guest buildings is not allowed.
For those coming from the New York City area, we are conveniently located just half an hour from Wassaic Train Station, the last stop on the Harlem Line of the Metro North. We offer a shuttle service from and to the Wassaic station at the following times:
- 2:15 pm & 4:15 pm on Friday, September 7 from Wassaic Train Station to IF
- 9:15 am on Sunday, September 9 from IF to Wassaic Train Station
Advance reservation is required for shuttles. The shuttle fee is $20 per person each way. If you have not already reserved shuttle service during registration, please contract us at email@example.com or (860) 824-5991 ext. 0 at least a week before the start date of the retreat to reserve your spot; space is limited.
Help to reduce the environmental impact of car trips to and from Isabella Freedman by checking out our carpool initiative! Upon registering you will receive a link to a unique ride share board to help connect you with fellow retreat participants. Offering a ride in your car will help reduce carbon emissions, cut down gas costs and make new friends! If you are looking for a ride, adding yourself to the wait list (on the right hand side of the page) is the best way to be notified when movements occur.
One of our mashgichim (kosher supervisors) must pre-approve all food items that enter the designated dining spaces. If you plan to supplement our delicious, healthy, farm-to-feast meals, your items must be completely sealed in original packaging. Unapproved food and drinks may be enjoyed anywhere on campus besides our dining spaces.
You may want to bring:
- Over-the-counter and/or prescription medications
- Chargers for electronic devices
- Sun protection (sunblock, sunglasses, a hat)
- Rain gear (a jacket and/or umbrella)
- Ritual wear
- Comfortable, loose-fitting clothes for yoga
- Closed toe shoes
- Hiking boots to enjoy our many trails
- Camping equipment, including a tent, sleeping bag, and towel if you are camping
- Toiletries like deodorant and toothpaste for sale in the bookstore
- Extra kippot and tallitot, in addition to siddurim
- Yoga mats, blankets, and blocks
- Heat and A/C in all guest rooms
- Linens and towels in all guest rooms
- Alarm clocks in all guest rooms
If you’re new to Isabella Freedman, check out our Frequently Asked Questions.