We look forward to your arrival! Please refer to the information below about how best to get here. If you require additional information or assistance, please call 860.824.5991 x0.
View Larger Map
We are approximately two hours by car from New York City and three hours from Boston in the Connecticut Berkshires. There is free parking on site. Our address is 116 Johnson Road Falls Village, CT 06031.
From New York City
- From the Whitestone Bridge: Hutchinson River parkway to Rte 684. After 684 crosses I-84 it will become Rte 22 North. (Do not take any exit to Rte 22 – stay on Rte 684 until it becomes Rte 22.) Stay on Rte 22 North through Pawling, Dover, and Amenia. In Amenia, take Rte 343 East to Sharon, CT. At the Sharon clock tower make a left to Rte 41 North. Take 41 North through Sharon and Lakeville. In Lakeville make a right onto Rte. 44 East (8.5 miles) to State Route 126. At the Route 44/126 intersection traffic should proceed along State Route 126 (south, 4.1 miles) back to Route 7 in Falls Village. At the blinking light make a right turn onto Rte. 7 South. Take second left and turn onto Bee Bee Hill Road. At the end of Bee Bee Hill Road cross Johnson Rd. The entrance to the retreat center will be opposite you.
- From the West Side of Manhattan: Take West Side Highway north to Saw Mill River Parkway (it becomes the Saw Mill) to Taconic Parkway (Exit 26). (Approx. 29 miles from 23rd Street). Take Taconic north towards Albany. Stay on Taconic Parkway for about 50 miles. Take the exit US 44 east towards Millbrook. Turn right onto US 44. Stay on US 44 through Millbrook to Amenia. (Approx. 10 miles) At a traffic light in Amenia go straight onto NY 343 towards Sharon. Then follow directions above (from the Whitestone Bridge).
- From the East Side of Manhattan: Take the FDR Drive to the Major Deegan to the Saw Mill River Parkway to Exit 26 to Taconic Parkway. Then follow directions above (from the West Side of Manhattan) from Exit 26.
From New Jersey
- Take the Garden State Parkway North to the end. Bear right towards New England. Take the Tappan Zee Bridge to exit 8 (White Plains ) to Interstate 684 North. Then follow directions above (from the Whitestone Bridge) from 684N.
From Boston, MA
- Take the Massachusetts Turnpike West to exit 2 for Lee, Mass. Follow Rte 102 towards Great Barrington and connect in Stockbridge with Rte 7 South. Stay on Rte 7 South through Stockbridge, Mass into Canaan, CT. Stay on Rte 7 through Canaan towards Falls Village. In Falls Village Rte 7 will intersect with Rte 126. Take second left after the intersection with Rte. 126 – turn onto Bee Bee Hill Road. At the end of Bee Bee Hill Road cross Johnson Rd. The entrance to the retreat center will be opposite you.
From Albany, NY and points West
- Take the NY Thruway to the Mass Pike to exit 2 (Lee, Mass). Then follow directions from Boston above.
From Hartford, CT and points East
- Take Rte 44 West through Winsted, CT to Canaan. In Canaan turn left onto 7 South Rte 7 South will take you into Falls Village where it intersects with Rte 126. Then follow directions from Rte 126 as given in Boston directions above.
From Bradley International Airport
- Leaving the Airport, take the first exit to Rte 20. Drive through Granby and after a couple of miles turn left into Rte 219. Keep on Rte 219 for about 5 miles and make a right onto Rte 318. After another approximately 5 miles turn right onto Rte 44 West towards Winsted. Then follow the directions from Rte 44 as given in Hartford directions above.
Train & Shuttle
MetroNorth (Harlem Line) from New York City to Wassaic, NY
From Grand Central Terminal at 42nd Street (or Harlem – 125th Street), take the MetroNorth Harlem line to the Wassaic train station. The train ride takes about two hours and ten minutes, and Wassaic is about a 30-minute drive to the retreat center.
Isabella Freedman offers a shuttle to and from Wassaic Train Station for select retreats. Shuttle service is only available at the beginning and end of retreats at designated times. The cost and schedule vary depending on the retreat.
Shuttle reservations must be made a week in advance in order to guarantee your spot. Upon registering online, you may select a shuttle at the bottom of the registration page, under “Additional Options.” Otherwise, you can sign up by calling us at (860) 824-5991 x 0 or emailing the registrar at email@example.com. The fee for this service is non-refundable.
If you need to arrive and depart at a different time, you may arrange your own taxi. We are located in a rural area with limited taxi services; we strongly recommend booking your taxi well in advance. Here are some local taxi companies:
- Watson Taxilivery Service — (845) 464-8178
- Morning Star Car Service — (845) 832-7933
If you are coming as part of a group that is renting our site, arrangements must be made with your group organizer.
Important Transportation Information for Guests Traveling with Children
Please note that as required by NY and CT state laws, we have a new Car Seat Policy for guests who require an Isabella Freedman shuttle from Wassaic Train Station.
Adults must bring and hook up their own car seat or booster seat for any child under the age of 7 years or under the weight of 60 pounds. Due to state and federal regulations, any child who arrives at the train station without the appropriate car seat or booster seat will not be permitted to ride in a Freedman vehicle.
Peter Pan/Bonanza Bus Lines offer daily bus service to Canaan, CT from New York City and points throughout New England. Call (888) 751-8800 for a schedule. This is a three-hour trip from the Port Authority Bus Terminal. Third-party taxi service is available from the Canaan bus station to Isabella Freedman. You must call the taxi service in advance for a reservation. We recommend Watson Taxilivery Service — (845) 464-8178
We do not recommend this option.
There are several airports approximately two hours from the retreat center. Isabella Freedman does not provide shuttle service from/to airports. Guests must make their own taxi or rideshare arrangements.
If you fly into one of the following airports, you can take a train from NYC. We provide shuttle service from Wassaic Train Station. We recommend flying into one of these airports.
JFK Airport in New York City, NY is 110 miles (approx. 2 hours 30 minutes by car) from Isabella Freedman. From JFK, take a cab or shuttle to Grand Central Terminal. See the “by train” tab for directions from Grand Central.
LaGuardia Airport in New York City, NY is 100 miles (approx. 2 hours 15 minutes by car) from Isabella Freedman. From LaGuardia, take a cab or city bus M60 to the Harlem – 125th Street Station of the Metro-North. See the “by train” tab for directions from the Harlem – 125th Station.
Newark International Airport in Newark, NJ is 120 miles (approx. 2 hours 40 minutes by car) from Isabella Freedman. From Newark, take a cab or shuttle to Grand Central Terminal. See the “by train” tab for directions from Grand Central.
There are no shuttles or public transit options available from the following airports. As taxis run over $100 each way, we recommend renting a car if you plan to fly into one of these airports. You may also take an Uber from the airports, but Uber doens’t exist near Isabella Freedman as an option for returning to the airport. We do not recommend flying into one of these airports unless you want to rent a car.
Albany International Airport in Albany, NY is 80 miles (approx. 1 hour 45 minutes by car) from Isabella Freedman.
Stewart Airport in Newburgh, NY is 65 miles (approx. 1 hour 30 minutes by car) from Isabella Freedman.
Bradley International Airport (BDL) in Hartford, CT is 50 miles (approx. 80 minutes by car) from Isabella Freedman.
Car Service Providers from BDL to Isabella Freedman*
AAA Cab and Livery
$115 – 10% off for cash payment
Yellow Cab Co.
D & I Taxi
$150 if you book more than 24 hrs in advance
$180 if you book less than 24 hrs in advance
*Please note that the prices listed are for a one-way trip and are subject to change. Always check with the company for the actual price of your trip before booking.
After you register for a retreat, check out the link in your confirmation email to our retreat-specific carpool sign-up page! This link is only available to those that have already registered. The groupcarpool.com website does not require a user login, which contributes to its ease of use; however, the information you post will be visible to everyone with the link. This being the case, we recommend using just your first name and email address.
Drivers: Offering a ride in your car will help reduce carbon emissions and gas costs and help you make you new friends!
Riders: Adding yourself to the wait list (right hand side of the page) is the best way to be notified when movements occur!