I’ve been at Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center at least a dozen times for retreats. There is no better way to build community than to plan an immersive retreat in the midst of the natural beauty of Falls Village. The setting, the food, the staff all combine to create a most wonderful atmosphere for your organization.
Retreats have the power and potential to transform your organization. From leadership training and program planning to budget workshops and professional development, a retreat is an essential step toward organizational sustainability. Often a weekday retreat is best suited to this kind of work. Other times, organizations choose a shabbaton for a program that is more community-focused.
Hazon’s Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center has hosted retreats for hundreds of organizations that work with all sectors of the Jewish community. Isabella Freedman – located on 400 acres of lake, farm and woodland with kosher, farm-to-table food – is the perfect place to host your organization’s retreat. Freedman has always been a beautiful site, and this year we’re investing to upgrade our facilities and improve the retreat experience for all participants.
We have a number of weekday and weekend openings in 2016 and 2017 at a special rate for nonprofit organizations.
Our calendar fills up quickly, so contact us now to book your retreat. We can work with you to create an experience that is unique to your organization’s needs – including our signature JOFEE (Jewish Outdoor, Food, Farming & Environmental Education) program modules.
So whether you want to plan for the upcoming year, have a board retreat offsite, or offer your staff professional development opportunities, Hazon is your ideal partner in this work. We would be honored to host you and enrich your life with the magic of Isabella Freedman.
For more information or to book a retreat, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ve hosted events for the following organizations:
- American Jewish World Service
- American Pardes Foundation
- Amherst Early Music
- Anshe Chesed
- AVODAH: The Jewish Service Corps
- Bais Chana Women International
- Bavli Yerushalmi
- Birthright/EZRA USA
- B’nai Tzedek (Harold Grinspoon Foundation)
- Board of Jewish Education
- The Bronfman Youth Fellowship in Israel
- Congregation Agudath Sholom, Stamford, CT
- Congregation Beth Elohim
- Congregation Beth Simchat Torah
- Congregation B nai Jeshurun
- Congregation Dorshei Tzedek
- Congregation Kol Ami
- Conservative Synagogue of Jamaica Estates Isralight
- CLAL: National Jewish Center for Learning and Leadership
- DaveTrek Adventures
- Dorot Foundation
- Harold Grinspoon Foundation
- Hebrew High School of New England
- Hebrew High School of West Hartford
- Hebrew Institute of White Plains
- Hillel of New York
- Indian Neck Folk Festival
- Jewish Agency for Israel
- Jewish Coalition for Service
- Jewish Community House of Bensonhurst
- Jewish Funders Network
- Jewish Funds for Justice
- Jewish Multiracial Network
- Jewish Theological Seminary
- Kehilat Hadar
- Kane Street Synagogue
- Livnot U’Lehibanot
- Maimonides School, Brookline, MA
- The Meaningful Life Center
- Muehlstein Institute for Jewish Professional Leaders/ UJA Nesiya Institute
- New Hyde Park Synagogue
- Northeast Organic Farming Association
- Orangetown Jewish Center
- Oraita Panim: The Institute for Jewish Leadership and Values
- Pleasantville Community Synagogue
- Ramaz High School
- Reconstructionist Federation of New England
- Salanter Akiba Riverdale Academy
- Sid Jacobson JCC
- Society for the Advancement of Judaism
- Solomon Schechter Day School of Essex and Union, West Orange, NJ
- Solomon Schechter High School, NY, NY
- Solomon Schechter of Long Island
- The Steinhardt Foundation for Jewish Life
- Temple Emunah Temple Israel Center, White Plains
- Temple Israel of Great Neck Youth House
- United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism
- United Synagogue Youth
- Upper West Side JCC
- UJA Federation of New York
- Woodbury Jewish Federation
- YCT Rabbinical School
- Yedidya Center for Jewish Spirituality
- Yeshivat Chovevei Torah Young Israel of New Hyde Park
- 92nd St Y
Isabella Freedman is a home away from home that contributes to a sustainable and just world. The atmosphere makes you want to give back to their beautiful space and their professional and warm staff.
The weekend was magical and transformative. Not only did we have an amazing time, but the retreat had a real and lasting impact on how the students thought about themselves, spirituality, and their relationship to Judaism.
For more information and availability of dates, please email email@example.com.