Preparing for Shmita:
A 3-part series with Hakhel
The shmita year starts soon and it’s time to prepare!
Join Hakhel and Hazon for a series exploring how to bring this tradition into our lives, families, and communities.
Wednesdays, July 7th, 14th, and 21st, 2021
2:30pm Eeaster time / 9:30pm Israel time
Shmita 101 – July 7th
- The 7 parts of Shmita
- The key ideas behind it
- The philosophy of living through crises
Shmita Hands On – July 14th
- The practical aspects of Shmita in your own garden
- Shmita and food
- Shmita and debt relief
Shmita In-Person – July 21st
- Shmita in our personal lives, a celebration of cessation
- Coming up with our rituals for observing Shmita
- Shmita, economic cycles and the post-Covid job market
This event series is being offered free of charge.
Please consider making a donation to support our work.