A nine-month professional journey of JOFEE-based leadership and learning.
Applications are now CLOSED. We do not anticipate a cohort will be funded for 2020.
As a member of the JOFEE Leaders Institute, you will have access to comprehensive professional development resources, deep Jewish learning, and the opportunity to develop a community of peers who support your journey as a leader in the JOFEE space and beyond.
We will be sharing Jewish wisdom and tradition alongside personal growth within an organizational context and we are working hard to ensure that this program provides nourishment for all of our participants – who will come from a wide variety of Jewish and professional backgrounds.
We begin with an exploration of self and of your personal / professional role. We discuss who you are as an individual and what you want to do with that knowledge. You will complete the Interpersonal Leadership Survey and discuss the results in the context of your professional role; you will find and hone your “purpose” and “vision” for yourself, and you will learn tools for how to make the most of peer resources and supervisor interactions. We also look deeply at what it means to be a Jewish professional working for a Jewish organization. How do our Jewish values influence the foundations of our work and how does that play out on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
The JOFEE Leaders Institute is comprised of:
- 5 day leadership development retreat
- 2 day closing retreat in conjunction with JOFEE Network Gathering
- 2 professional development webinars and cohort building opportunities
- peer-to-peer mentorship and access to program staff for mentorship throughout the year
- support with an organizational development project of your choosing (if applicable)
- $300 for additional professional development
Attendance is mandatory at the following events:
- Opening Retreat – Pearlstone Retreat Center, Reisterstown MD – January 27-31, 2019
- Closing Retreat – Urban Adamah, Berkeley, CA – August 29-30, 2019 in conjunction with JOFEE Network Gathering (August 30-September 2)
In order to apply:
- Applicants must currently hold a leadership position within their organization or be ready to advance in the coming years. Applicants should have 5+ years of professional experience and should currently be employed or actively engaged in the JOFEE field.
- Applicants must have the support of their organization and direct supervisor. There is a $180 cost per participant which must be paid by the organization. This ensures each participant is supported by their employer during this time of growth.
- Applicants must be committed to attending ALL retreats and webinars, as well as actively participating in additional development opportunities.