Jewish Outdoor, Food, Farming, and Environmental Education (JOFEE) Programming:download our JOFEE offerings flyer
Isabella Freedman is home to a number of hiking trails. Our experienced guides will lead you through our forest and to a new appreciation of the natural outdoors.
- Overlook Hike: Steep at times, always rewarding. 1–1.5 hrs.
- Long Hike: Overlook hike plus blue trail with boulders. 1.5–2 hrs.
- Night Hike: Relax your vision and expand the reach of your other senses. 1–1.5 hrs.
Be part of the production of your food. Experience eating in a new way with these educational and hands-on experiences:
- Pickling: Learn about the science of lacto-fermentation, and make your own pickled seasonal vegetables that you can take home! 1 hr.
- Challah Braiding: Make a special blessing and delicious braided challah. 1 hr.
- Capriccinos: Up early? Watch our Adamah farmers milk the goats. Plus, bring your coffee for a fresh goat milk cappuccino. 45 min. (Begins at 7:00am)
Learn about farming, how we do it, and why it matters.
- Farm Tour: Heirloom vegetables, permaculture orchard, herbs, compost & chickens – the Kaplan Family Farm is just a short walk from the Isabella Freedman campus. 1 hr.
- Comparative Agriculture: Behind the Labels. How do different farms work? What’s the meaning of all those different labels? Become informed about what you are consuming. 1 hr.
- Meet the Goats: Take a tour of our barnyard. Meet, pet, play with, and learn about our goat friends. 45 min.
Dive deep into the intersection of Jewish tradition and care for the planet we all live on. Our farmers live these ideals every day and can share them with you in an unforgettable lecture.
- Adam/Adamah: Creation Stories and Finding Home 1 hr.
- Farming: Blessing or Curse? 1 hr.
- Job: The Voice from the Whirlwind – Job’s Ecological Vision 1 hr.
- Blessing: Sources and Tributaries 1 hr.
Welcome Table Add-Ons
- Bike Blender: Put the pedal to the metal and blend a smoothie with your exercise. It’s the ultimate expression of human power!
- Microgreen Planting: Get your green thumb! Plant your own microgreens that you’ll be able to eat in a few weeks’ time.
- Camp Teva & Gan Adamah: Our very own kids’ program! Drop your kids off with our educators who will create a fun day of activities for the children in your group.
- Swimming & Waterfront Activities: During summer months, we have boating and lake swimming options.
- Yoga: We can furnish a list of local instructors you can hire to help your weekend be more balanced.
At Isabella Freedman we pride ourselves on offering fun and educational programming. Please note that these programs must be planned in advance and are based on availability. Costs are calculated based on the group size and length of the program.