Riders dip their bikes in the Pacific to begin their Journey!This week, the ride kicked off in Seattle WA and riders will be spending Shabbat in Spokane. Join them for learning at Temple Beth Shalom.
Next week, riders travel to Helena, MT. Learn more about their week and consider joining for their first service day in Missoula helping to build a bike trail.
Live from the road:
- See photos and video from the ride as it happens!
- Learn what it means to be cycling in support of sustainable food systems.
- Rider, Renna Khuner-Haber considers how “Jewish wisdom and tradition give [her] a different framework for understanding why we ride, and how will cycling day after day influence [her] relationship with and understanding of Jewish teachings?” and packing a torah alongside her spare tubes and energy bars.
- Hazon Staffer, Wendy Levine, reflects on her time with the ride, “This group truly understands kehilla kedosha (holy community). Within days, a community on wheels was established, with caring, love and support of each and ever rider.”
Join the Ride for a Segment
It’s not too late to sign up for parts of the ride!
- 5 weeks: Twin Cities to Washington DC
- 2 weeks: Twin Cities to Chicago
- 2 weeks: Chicago to Pittsburgh
- 3 weeks: Chicago to Washington DC
- 1 week: Pittsburgh to Washington DC
- Choose your own adventure by riding for a few days – contact us for details
- 14 Riders and 3 Staff currently on the road.
- $74,260 Raised to Date
- Support a Rider | Make a General Donation
Comments are closed.