Hazon is partnering with EarthxTV to produce Faith is Green: Jewish Life and Planet Earth.
This six-part series premiered on Earth Day, April 22nd, 2021 with our first episode, Jews and the Land.
The first and second episodes are now available free & on demand on the EarthX website!
This brand new original series details how we can all strive to create a more environmentally sustainable world through observance of Jewish values such as respect, fairness, responsibility, and community.
Episode 1: Jews and the Land
How Jews are connecting and reconnecting to the land through farming, nature education, ritual, and more.
- Talia Chain | Founder, Sadeh
- Micha Chetrit | Farmer/Co-Founder of The Midbar Project
- Risa Alyson Cooper | Executive Director, Shoresh
- Yosef Gillers | Co-Executive Director, GrowTorah
- Rabbi Zelig Golden | Executive Director, Wilderness Torah
- Shani Mink | Executive Director, Jewish Farmer Network
- Shamu Sadeh | Director of Education at Isabella Freedman, Hazon
- Nigel Savage | Founder and CEO, Hazon
Episode 2: The Jewish Calendar, Planet Earth, and the Climate Crisis
A reflection on the ways that Jewish holidays and cycles of time are informing the Jewish environmental movement.
- Dr. Jeremy Benstein | Heschel Center for Sustainability and 929
- Rabbi Jill Hammer | Academy for Jewish Religion
- Sara Just-Michael | Grow Torah
- Dr. Adriane Leveen | HUC-JIR, New York
- Nigel Savage | Hazon
- Jonathan Schorsch | Green Sabbath Project
- Yoshi Silverstein | Mitsui Collective