A roadmap for Jewish institutions to become healthier and more sustainable through education, action, and advocacy.
What is the Hazon Seal?
The Hazon Seal of Sustainability is an annual program that provides guidance and support to advance sustainability related education, action, and advocacy in your Jewish institution, organization, and community. Rooted in Jewish tradition, participation in the Hazon Seal program will, over time, make your community healthier and more sustainable, both Jewishly and environmentally!
What will you receive?
- A roadmap to healthier food, less waste, meaningful JOFEE education, a lower carbon footprint, and more. Our carefully designed and structured framework will help you get things done!
- Access to a rich resource bank for knowledge and ideas
- An opportunity to connect with a network of Jewish and other faith-based organizations committed to sustainability and learning with and from one another
- An annual certification to celebrate success and leadership in the field of sustainability
- A channel to ignite and engage your community!
Why join the Hazon Seal?
- We are in an environmental crisis and Jewish tradition compels us to respond! Be at the forefront of a movement in the Jewish community and beyond that works to build a healthier and more sustainable world
- Excite existing community members and bring new members in the door
- Save money through increasing efficiency and attract new donors for sustainability work
- Improve your organization’s brand through publicity, awards, and recognition