The Hazon Seal of Sustainability is a 12-month program designed to support organizations and communities working to create a healthier, more equitable, and more sustainable world for all. We do this by linking Jewish values to substantive action toward sustainability and climate-centered goals.
Receiving the Hazon Seal of Sustainability means that your organization or community has committed to and taken substantial action on 2-3 projects focused on greening initiatives or sustainability projects over the last 12 months.
We invite your organization to journey forward with help from the Hazon Seal staff on a 12-month sustainability arch outlined here. Please note: you are welcome to join at any point during the calendar year; your 12 months start when you sign on. To that end, we recommend you create an organizational green team prior to signing on to the Hazon Seal. While it is not a requirement to have this in place before you begin, a green team is extremely useful in creating organizational change and you will need this group before making progress on your projects.
Program Structure and Timeline:
- Optional – speak to a Hazon Seal staff person to learn more about the program
- Form a green team at your organization
- Apply to the Hazon Seal of Sustainability, sign the Letter of Agreement, and pay your participation fees
- Get onboarded to the program by a Hazon Seal staff member in a welcome call
- Establish your annual goals and let us know what they are
- Optional – Schedule your free advising calls for programming or facilities support throughout the year
- Optional – Attend online monthly learning sessions with the Hazon Seal community
- Report your progress at the end of the year and receive your Hazon Seal of Sustainability Certificate
Along the way, we have hundreds of resources to help you reach your goals. From curricula to project ideas, from consultation calls to site visits, and everything in between, we have the tools to help you succeed. Check out our Resources page for more information.
Hazon Seal Summit 2021
This fall participate in the second annual virtual Hazon Seal Summit 2021, a day for community learning, sharing, and networking on Thursday, October 21st from 12:30pm-5:15pm ET. This year’s theme is “Climate Change and Mental Health: Building Resilience for Ourselves and Our Planet.” Together we will unpack how to take care of the earth as well as our mental and physical wellbeing.
This is a great opportunity to learn more about the Hazon Seal of Sustainability and how the program can provide tools, information, and empowerment to further your organization’s (and your own) environmental stewardship journey.
For more information and a complete look at the Hazon Seal of Sustainability visit