2013 Farm Season: February 15 – November 1
We are now accepting applications!
The Jewish Farm School and Eden Village Camp are seeking a motivated, hardworking, and enthusiastic farmer for the 2013 season to oversee production of our2-acre educational farm and other growing areas on site at Eden Village Camp.
Who You Are:
Ideal candidates will:
- Have at least one full season working on a farm using sustainable agriculture techniques;
- Have experience working with chickens, goats, sheep and bees;
- Be comfortable teaching and demonstrating agricultural practices;
- Be excited about working with a diverse range of growing techniques and settings (ie annual vegetables, perennial orchard, permaculture, animals husbandry, educational gardens);
- Be enthusiastic about working collaboratively with other staff, program participants, and volunteers;
- Be an inspiring leader and creative problem solver.
- Conducting daily work on the farm;
- Directing farm apprentices, campers, staff, and volunteers in meaningful, educational, engaging, and productive farm projects;
- Overseeing educational gardens on the farm and other gardens on the site (ie, Director’s House Garden and 10 cabin snack gardens)
- Maintaining the Pardes Brachot Orchard;
- Maintaining all livestock and developing further plans for animal care;
- Maintaining site-wide composting system;
- Maintaining appropriate care of all farm related tools, machinery, facilities and equipment;
- Leading and participating in ongoing farm staff meetings, check-ins, and group practices.
Weekly salary of $200 and up, dependent on experience. Health insurance subsidy and professional development funds are also available. Farmer will also be provided with shared housing and access to a kitchen, plus all meals when the camp kitchen is open.
Submit Your Application