- From the Whitestone Bridge: Hutchinson River parkway to Rte 684. After 684 crosses I-84 it will become Rte 22 North. (Do not take any exit to Rte 22 – stay on Rte 684 until it becomes Rte 22.) Stay on Rte 22 North through Pawling, Dover, and Amenia. In Amenia, take Rte 343 East to Sharon, CT. At the Sharon clock tower make a left to Rte 41 North. Take 41 North through Sharon and Lakeville. In Lakeville make a right onto Rte. 44 East (8.5 miles) to State Route 126. At the Route 44/126 intersection traffic should proceed along State Route 126 (south, 4.1 miles) back to Route 7 in Falls Village. At the blinking light make a right turn onto Rte. 7 South. Take second left and turn onto Bee Bee Hill Road. At the end of Bee Bee Hill Road cross Johnson Rd. The entrance to the retreat center will be opposite you.
- From the West Side of Manhattan: Take West Side Highway north to Saw Mill River Parkway (it becomes the Saw Mill) to Taconic Parkway (Exit 26). (Approx. 29 miles from 23rd Street). Take Taconic north towards Albany. Stay on Taconic Parkway for about 50 miles. Take the exit US 44 east towards Millbrook. Turn right onto US 44. Stay on US 44 through Millbrook to Amenia. (Approx. 10 miles) At a traffic light in Amenia go straight onto NY 343 towards Sharon. Then follow directions above (from the Whitestone Bridge).
- From the East Side of Manhattan: Take the FDR Drive to the Major Deegan to the Saw Mill River Parkway to Exit 26 to Taconic Parkway. Then follow directions above (from the West Side of Manhattan) from Exit 26.
- Take the Garden State Parkway North to the end. Bear right towards New England. Take the Tappan Zee Bridge to exit 8 (White Plains ) to Interstate 684 North. Then follow directions above (from the Whitestone Bridge) from 684N.
- Take the Massachusetts Turnpike West to exit 2 for Lee, Mass. Follow Rte 102 towards Great Barrington and connect in Stockbridge with Rte 7 South. Stay on Rte 7 South through Stockbridge, Mass into Canaan, CT. Stay on Rte 7 through Canaan towards Falls Village. In Falls Village Rte 7 will intersect with Rte 126. Take second left after the intersection with Rte. 126 – turn onto Bee Bee Hill Road. At the end of Bee Bee Hill Road cross Johnson Rd. The entrance to the retreat center will be opposite you.
- Take the NY Thruway to the Mass Pike to exit 2 (Lee, Mass). Then follow directions from Boston above.
- Take Rte 44 West through Winsted, CT to Canaan. In Canaan turn left onto 7 South Rte 7 South will take you into Falls Village where it intersects with Rte 126. Then follow directions from Rte 126 as given in Boston directions above.
- Leaving the Airport, take the first exit to Rte 20. Drive through Granby and after a couple of miles turn left into Rte 219. Keep on Rte 219 for about 5 miles and make a right onto Rte 318. After another approximately 5 miles turn right onto Rte 44 West towards Winsted. Then follow the directions from Rte 44 as given in Hartford directions above.
MetroNorth (Harlem Line) from New York City to Wassaic, NYTrain schedules are available on MetroNorth’s Website (NYC to Wassaic, NY). From Grand Central Terminal at 42nd Street (or Harlem - 125th Street), take the MetroNorth Harlem line to the Wassaic train station. The train ride takes about two hours and ten minutes, and Wassaic is about a 30-minute drive to the retreat center. Isabella Freedman offers a shuttle to and from Wassaic Train Station for select retreats at the cost of $25 per person each way. Shuttle service is only available at the beginning and end of retreats at designated times. In general, times are as follows:
- Pick up:
- Weekdays: 2:03 (train leaves Grand Central at 11:47 am) or 4:03 (train leaves Grand Central at 1:47 pm)
- Sundays: 2:16 (train leavings Grand Central at 11:51 am) or 4:16 (train leaves Grand Central at 1:51 pm)
- Drop off:
- Weekdays: Depart at 1:30 pm to make 2:18 train from Wassaic
- Sundays: Depart at 1:30 pm to make 2:27 train from Wassaic
Important Transportation Information for Guests Traveling with ChildrenPlease note that as required by NY and CT state laws, we have a new Car Seat Policy for guests who require an Isabella Freedman shuttle from Wassaic Train Station. Adults must bring and hook up their own car seat or booster seat for any child under the age of 7 years or under the weight of 60 pounds. Due to state and federal regulations, any child who arrives at the train station without the appropriate car seat or booster seat will not be permitted to ride in a Freedman vehicle.
After you register for a retreat, check out the link in your confirmation email to our retreat-specific carpool sign-up page! This link is only available to those that have already registered. The groupcarpool.com website does not require a user login, which contributes to its ease of use; however, the information you post will be visible to everyone with the link. This being the case, we recommend using just your first name and email address.
Drivers: Offering a ride in your car will help reduce carbon emissions and gas costs and help you make you new friends!
Riders: Adding yourself to the wait list (right hand side of the page) is the best way to be notified when movements occur!