Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center, Falls Village, CT
Jewish Summer Camp for Active Adults 55+
Head to the Berkshires to enjoy 400 acres of summer-filled fun. Whether you want to take a boat out on our private lake, go for an afternoon swim in the pool, explore miles of nature trails, or visit the animals (and vegetables) on our farm, Camp Isabella Freedman has something for you! Roast marshmallows at a lakeside campfire, sing and dance your heart out, and enjoy fascinating films.
Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center has been offering annual summer camp experiences for adults since 1956. We are honored to continue this tradition for adults and their families by providing you with a warm and welcoming atmosphere for one of the best summer vacations you’ll ever have.
Isabella Freedman is Jewish summer camp for adults. What an amazing feeling to have traveled to so far… only to feel like I was arriving home!
view the 2019 brochure view the 2018 schedule
A Vacation Unlike Any Other
This all-inclusive vacation (that’s right, your lodging, meals, and programming are all included) offers good ol’ fashioned summer camp fun with amenities adults will love. Our country cabins are air-conditioned and many have private bathrooms. And our healthy homemade meals are glatt kosher and farm-to-table fresh.
- Spoken Word workshops with Rachel Kann
- Arts & Crafts include beading, fused glass, collage, outdoor (en plein air) painting, knitting and crocheting circles
- Explora Torah
- Lecture series and lively discussion groups on current events
- Campfires and nightly films
- Movement and mindfulness classes will have you doing Tai Chi, Zumba, water aerobic, and hiking
- Torah Yoga with Diane Bloomfield
- Campers can also partake in activities unique to Isabella Freedman, including pickling, challah baking, farm tours, and intergenerational dialogue with young Adamah farmers
- Local trip to nearby Tanglewood (The cost for local trips is not included in registration prices)
- Musical services with Rabbi Micah Becker-Klein in our lakeside synagogue
Your kids and grandkids are invited to book a visit while you’re here. You and your family will enjoy the warmth of our staff and the friendliness of your fellow campers.
Grounds & Amenities
- 400 beautiful acres
- Lake for boating, swimming, fishing
- Spacious dining room
- Recreation hall
- Synagogue with lake view
- Swimming pool
- Tennis court
- Arts & Crafts building
- Well-stocked library
- Miles of nature trails, from gentle walks to challenging hikes
- Lakeside gazebo
- Delicious glatt kosher farm-to-table meals
Camp Isabella Freedman Staff
Miki Raver and Marty Perlmutter are delighted to be Co-Directors of Camp Isabella Freedman. They have often partnered professionally as well as personally. In the 1980s, Tele-Pros, their production company, specialized in corporate and documentary video. In the 1990s, Hook-Up! their executive search firm recruited talent for Internet companies. They both worked for Looksmart, a search engine, and as volunteers in India for American Jewish World Service. Miki and Marty live in Burbank, California.
Miki Raver has been a Jewish communal professional for decades, including as National Membership Manager for Hadassah, Group Leader, 92nd St. Y, Director of Lifelong Learning, Marin Jewish Community Center. She previously served as Director of Senior Programs at Isabella Freedman in 2008-09. Miki is the creator of Shekinah Circles, a gentle and powerful group process that facilitates connection with the voice of Inner Wisdom. She is the author of She is Wisdom: A Celebration of the Feminine Divine and her critically acclaimed book, Listen to Her Voice: Women of the Hebrew Bible, a Jewish bestseller. She graduated from Emerson College.
Marty Perlmutter has worked in media for over four decades, producing and creating award-winning traditional and new media, teaching and consulting. He built popular video exhibits at the Boston Museum of Science, Lawrence Hall of Science, and New York Hall of Science. Since 2012, he has worked on the campaign to save Africa’s elephants using social media to reduce demand for ivory. He is a graduate of Harvard College.
Dress is very casual. Here is a suggested packing list:
- Comfortable walking/hiking shoes
- Sun protection (hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen)
- Rain gear (raincoat, umbrella)
- Warm jacket (for chilly evenings)
- Sports/outdoors clothing
- Bathing suit(s)
- Comb and brush
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Shampoo, soap, and other preferred toiletries
- Walking stick
- Personal electronic devices and chargers
- Tissues and/or handkerchiefs
- Bug spray
- Reusable water bottle and travel mug
- Over-the-counter and prescription medications
- Ritual wear
- Optional: Dressier clothes for Shabbat (many guests and community members like to wear white)
- Extra kippot and tallitot, in addition to siddurim
- Yoga mats, blankets, and blocks
- Heat and A/C in all guest rooms
- Linens and towels in all guest rooms
- Alarm clocks in all guest rooms
- Toiletries like deodorant and toothpaste are for sale in the bookstore.
Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center is an appropriate environment for physically active older adults. Our expectations for campers include:
- You’re comfortable on your feet walking around camp for about ¼ mile. Be able to walk up slight inclines, on uneven dirt, grass and paved paths.
- You can carry or roll your own luggage over uneven pavement to your room.
- An able companion must accompany campers requiring help. This person is entirely responsible for providing assistance. If you have concerns about the physical demands of our camp, please contact us.
Rates and Registration
First, please choose which nights you’d like to stay. On the next step you can choose your lodging and register.
July 8 – 14
Monday – Sunday
$550 – Camp/commute
$820 – Dormitory
$890 – Basic*
$1090 – Standard* $1450 – Standard Plus*
Week Two – sold out!
week two wait list
July 15 – 21
Monday – Sunday
$550 – Camp/commute $820 – Dormitory $890 – Basic* $1090 – Standard* $1450 – Standard Plus*
July 8 – 21
Monday – Sunday
$1100 – Camp/commute
$1640 – Dormitory
$1780 – Basic*
$2180 – Standard* $2900 – Standard Plus*
*Single-occupancy upgrades are available on a limited basis for Basic, Standard, and Standard Plus lodging. Crossed out options are sold out. Click on any red “register” button to see the current availability for those dates and to register.
Rates are per-person and include all lodging, meals, in-camp activities. Prices do not include costs for optional trips to local destinations.
You will receive a confirmation email once you have registered and made a payment online or by phone. If you do not receive the confirmation email within 24 hours of registering, please contact us at email@example.com or (860) 824-5991 x0.
We strive to make our programs affordable to everyone. Limited scholarships are available; please see the scholarships tab for details.
|Cancellation Date||Refund Policy|
|Up to 7 days prior to retreat start date||Refundable less $50 per person|
|Between 3-6 days prior||50% refundable|
|48 hours before retreat start date,
if you do not show up, or if you leave early
Hazon reserves the right to cancel any program at any time. In the event of such a cancellation, you will receive a complete refund.
Inclement Weather: Hazon reserves the right to cancel a retreat due to inclement weather if, in its judgment, it will be unable to operate safely. In the event of such a cancellation, a full refund will be issued. In the event that the retreat proceeds as scheduled, no refund will be available.
This cancellation policy applies even if the cancellation is for medical reasons.