Thank you very much for considering making a donation to one of the riders or crew members in Hazon’s 2015 California Ride. Last year, riders raised funds from over 1,800 individual contributors like you. Your support is essential, and on behalf of all our riders and crew, in advance, thank you!
To donate online by credit card
Please visit our participant list and click on the name of the person you would like to support. This will take you to his/her personal, secure donation page where you can donate using Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, or Discover. You will receive an email receipt of your donation. Letters are mailed for donations of $250 or more.
To donate by check
Checks should be made out to Hazon. There are two ways to make sure that the rider you are supporting receives credit for your contribution.
- Mail the check directly to the person you are supporting. The participant will enter the check into his or her personal donation page, and then send the checks to the Hazon New York office (125 Maiden Lane, Suite 8B, New York, NY 10038). Once the office has received your check, you will receive a receipt of your donation.
- Mail the check directly to the Hazon office. Print out a copy of the off-line donation form. The form will ensure that we credit the correct rider with your contribution. Fill out the form and mail it with your check to Hazon, 125 Maiden Lane, Suite 8B, New York, NY 10038.
Hazon’s tax ID number: 13-4087102
We effect change in the world in three ways:
- Creating Transformative Experiences
- Providing Thought Leadership
- Supporting the Jewish Environmental Movement in America and in Israel
Hazon works to build community, develop leadership and build innovative partnerships around contemporary issues which affect the world as a whole. Hazon also works to engage people within a pluralistic but distinctly Jewish context which involves prayer, text, tzedakah and practice. Hazon ultimately reframes what it means to be Jewish in the 21st century, balancing between these two tensions – community minded and global, inclusiveness and tradition.
Where the Money Goes
Donations to the Hazon California Ride benefit Hazon and other organizations, divided roughly as follows:
- 60-70% of the proceeds fund Hazon’s year-round programs including our Food Audit, Community-Supported Agriculture (CSA) initiative, and other programming in the Bay Area.
- 10-15% is awarded as grants to external organizations and programs that share Hazon’s mission of creating a healthier and more sustainable world.
- 20-25% help cover the costs of the ride, which include educational activities for our participants, furthering Hazon’s mission and promoting the work of our partners.