You do not need to participate in the Ride to celebrate Shabbat with the Hazon community. All community members, partners and families are invited to join us for a vibrant Shabbat retreat at Walker Creek Ranch in Petaluma, May 23-24th 2014. Register HERE.
Experience the rejuvenation of a retreat-based Hazon Shabbat. Through engaging prayer, hands-on learning, and immersion in the natural world, participants are encouraged to develop more meaningful relationships with their own Jewish identities, while building a strong community.
- Diverse Jewish community of all ages, backgrounds, Jewish observance and practice.
- Varied Shabbat service options including egalitarian, traditional, family-focused & alternative.
- Wellness sessions including yoga, naturalist-led hikes, meditation, qi gong and more!
- Opportunities to learn about the relationship between Judaism and the environment.
- Musical havdalah dance party- bring your instruments!
- Organic, kosher & consciously-prepared food.
- Learn about the inspiring work of Hazon and its partners.
See the 2011 Ride Retreat Program [PDF]. We plan to offer a similar program for the 2014 Shabbat Retreat.
Lodging & Accommodations
All three nights we will stay at Walker Creek Ranch, an environmental education and retreat center in Petaluma. Walker Creek Ranch is located on 1,741 acres in West Marin County and is blessed with diverse habitat and an abundance of wildlife.
Guests can bring their own bedding (sleeping bags or sheets and blankets, pillows, and towels) or rent bedding from Walker Creek Ranch. You may also opt to bring a tent and camp out in the beautiful scenery. Prior to the weekend, you will receive a logistics form where you can give us information to help us place you with roommates who are similar in age, sex, and Shabbat practice. Hazon will aim to minimize the number of participants assigned to each cabin as much as possible.