Hazlet Train Station, Hazlet, NJ
This ride is in partnership with b’nai jeshurun
Enjoy a day of beach riding with B’nai Jeshurun’s cycling community!
Join us for a 43-mile loop to Sandy Hook, through Red Bank, Rumson, and the Atlantic Highlands.
- Group 1 (10-12 mph) – Meet at Hazlet Station at 10:15 AM
- Group 2 (12-15 mph) – Meet at Hazlet Station at 11:15 AM
For those coming from NYC:
Train to NJ
We’ll meet at Penn Station at 8:45 AM by the elevators on the upper level of the NJ Transit section. Use the 7th Ave and 31st street entrance to Penn Station.
- Group 1 (10-12 mph) – Meet at NY Penn Station at 8:45 AM (train departs 9:07 AM, arrives at Hazlet Station at 10:15 AM)
- Group 2 (12-15 mph) – Meet at NY Penn Station at 9:45 AM (train departs at 10:07 AM, arrives at Hazlet Station at 11:15 AM)
Tickets cost $15 one-way. Bike permits are not required for NJ Transit.
Train to NYC
- 3:26 PM or 4:28 PM train departing from Hazlet Station (mile 43)
- 3:14 PM or 4:16 PM train departing from Red bank Station (mile 33)
- 3:45 PM Ferry departing from Sandy Hook (mile 15) – $27 one-way + $5 bike fee
*note that this is the first available ferry of the day*
This ride is a part of our Tribe Ride series with Friends of the Arava Institute and open to all cyclists. Ride leaders and marshals will be there to guide you. Participants are kindly requested to bring their own water and snacks. All riders are required to wear a helmet.
Distance = 43 miles, with an option to stop at the 32-mile mark, Red Bank Train Station.
Rest stop = Gateway National Recreation Area, where there will be various beaches with bathrooms or concession stands.
Elevation = under 1,000 ft of climbing, predominantly flat, with two short climbs.