Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center, Falls Village, CT
Shavuot is the time when the community gathers around the mountain, and makes pilgrimage to a holy place, for the ultimate transformative experience.
This year, we Remember the Torah of the Future – the legacy of Reb Zalman זצ׳ל for all of us to discover. Join us for an immersive holiday experience unlike any other.
presented by Elat Chayyim in partnership with ALEPH: Alliance for Jewish Renewal, Rimon Resource Center for Jewish Spirituality, Beacon Hebrew Alliance, and Kol H
ai: Hudson Valley Jewish Renewal
- Parade for first-fruits/Bikkurim with Adamah Farm & Fellowship
- Eco-Kosher farm-to-table feasts & cheesemaking
- All night vigil with chanting, meditation, text study and more
- Daybreak outdoor musical Torah service
- Celebrate & learn with leading lights of Jewish Renewal
- Outdoor creative children’s program with Camp Teva
- Featuring Rebbetzin Eve Ilsen and many students of Reb Zalman
- All-inclusive prices start as low as $127.50 per night – and need-based financial aid is available.
- Early registration discount available
- Enjoy the beauty of spring at Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center
- AdamahFoods “First Fruits” Farm-to-Feast Kiddush – taste the season’s first harvest from our farm!
- Midnight Hike to the top of the mountain
- Kosher Artisanal Cheese tasting and cheesemaking workshop
- Daily Meditation and Torah Yoga
- Camp Teva Children’s Program – Jewish Outdoor, Food, and Environmental Fun!
Hai. In addition, he is a lead teacher in DLTI, and heserves both Romemu and ALEPH as Creative Director and is well known as a stage artist and liturgist performing with The Epichorus and Darshan. Working in both Jewish and multi-faith contexts, Shir Yaakov weaves a tapestry of Kabbalistic wisdom, contemporary songwriting and deep personal spirituality to offer a spiritual cultural Judaism that is contemporary, alive, and innovative. He has recorded and released four albums of original music. shiryaakov.com
Jewish Renewal practices at Shavuot: Context and Details
We are thrilled to welcome leading renewers of Judaism today to Isabella Freedman for Shavuot. Reb Zalman z”l and his students worked tirelessly for decades to build a Jewish Renewal movement that:
- infuses ancient Jewish wisdom with a modern socially progressive consciousness;
- is joyous, participatory, spiritually substantial, profound and engaging;
- re-imagines practices such as meditation, sacred chant, embodied prayer, healing services, eco-kashrut, transformative ritual, music, and the renewed study of traditional texts;
- is fiercely and lovingly egalitarian, vigilant in devotion to righteousness in social and political causes, passionate about learning, and holistic in our understanding of the interconnectedness of mind and body, earth ecosystems and human welfare, and the contribution of all religious traditions to gobal well-being;
- embraces the use of instrumental music as a spiritual tool on Shabbat and Holidays;
- employs consistent electronic amplification in order to increase access to prayer for all participants during all services; and
- is committed to holding space for an egalitarian prayer community that includes all genders and often inspiration from the spiritual paths of the rest of our human family while remaining rooted in Jewish tradition and practice.
Register 8 or more weeks in advance and use discount code EARLY15 to receive a 15% discount.
Register 4 – 7 weeks in advance and use discount code EARLY10 to receive a 10% discount.
All-inclusive rates start at $550 per person. Click the “register now” button above for information, room rates, and to register online. Online registration is for full credit card payments only. If you would like to pay in installments, pay by check, or apply approved financial aid, please call 860.24.5991 x0. Please review our lodging options and rates prior to calling.
You will receive a confirmation email once you have registered and made a payment online or by phone. If you do not receive the confirmation email within 24 hours of registering, please call us at 860.24.5991 x0.
We strive to make our programs affordable to everyone.
If you’re new to Isabella Freedman, check out our Frequently Asked Questions for information about where we’re located, arrival and departure times, what to bring, etc.
Camp Teva is for kids ages 5 – 12, and runs simultaneously with retreats geared toward adults. Camp Teva combines the best of Teva’s signature Jewish environmental education with all of the opportunities provided by the Adamah Farm to create a distinctive and creative way for kids to have a fun and safe Jewish outdoor, food, and environmental education experience while their parents are enjoying Hazon’s many retreats, conferences, holidays, and workshops at Isabella Freedman. A transformative experience for the whole family!
When you register kids during your event registration process, they are automatically enrolled in Camp Teva! All-inclusive kids’ rates include Camp Teva programming.
Ahhhh…Shavuot. The Jewish holiday that commemorates when Jews received the Torah on Mt. Sinai. The holiday that celebrates the first fruits of the season. And the (only?) Jewish holiday where vegetarians don’t feel marginalized by a table crammed with meat-heavy dishes.
Shavuot also coincides with the annual wheat harvest in Israel, and in the days of the Temple, ancient Jews would bring their first fruits as sacrifices to God. In this time of bounty we are encouraged to give of ourselves and reflect on the gifts that the earth provides.
Click the button below for Shavuot resources including ideas for activities and rituals, recipes, and sustainability tips.