Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center, Falls Village, CT
All-Inclusive Berkshire Vacation for Adults and their Families
Unwind, relax, connect with family and new friends, and have the time of your life in a Berkshire Mountain paradise!
Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center has been offering annual summer camp experiences for adults since 1956. We are honored to continue this tradition for adults and their families by providing you with a warm and welcoming atmosphere for one of the best summer vacations you’ll ever have.
Isabella Freedman is like Jewish summer camp for adults. What an amazing feeling to have traveled to so far… only to feel like I was arriving home!
Miki Raver and Marty Perlmutter are delighted to be Co-Directors of Camp Isabella Freedman. They have often partnered professionally as well as personally. In the 1980s, Tele-Pros, their production company specialized in corporate and documentary video. In the 1990s, Hook-Up! their executive search firm recruited talent for Internet companies. They both worked for Looksmart, a search engine, and as volunteers in India for American Jewish World Service. Their finest collaboration, daughter Sasha Perl-Raver, is an entertainment reporter and host on FX. Miki and Marty divide their time between Burbank and Tiburon, California.
Miki Raver has been a Jewish communal professional for decades, as National Membership Manager for Hadassah, Group Leader, 92nd St. Y, Director of Lifelong Learning, Marin Jewish Community Center and Director of Lifestyle Services at the Moldaw Residences. She previously served as Director of Senior Programs at Isabella Freedman in 2008-09. Miki is the creator of Shekinah Circles, a gentle and powerful group process that facilitates connection with the voice of Inner Wisdom. Her critically acclaimed gift book, Listen to Her Voice: Women of the Hebrew Bible, is a Jewish bestseller. She graduated from Emerson College.
Marty Perlmutter has worked in media for over four decades, creating award-winning new media products, building exhibits and advising companies. Perlmutter built popular video exhibits at the Boston Museum of Science, Lawrence Hall of Science and New York Hall of Science. He has consulted to HBO, Sony, Xerox, AT&T, MIT, Harvard, NYU, UC, and Mass General Hospital. He taught at Tufts, NYU, San Francisco State and Cogswell College. His writings on new media have been widely published. Since 2012 he has worked on the campaign to save Africa’s elephants using social media to reduce demand for ivory. Marty’s education nonprofit, Multisensory Interactive Learning, develops mobile math games. He is a graduate of Harvard College.
- Professional Lecture Series
- Health & Fitness Classes
- Shabbat Services
- Yoga/Water Aerobics and Stretching Exercises
- Arts & Crafts
- Pickle and Cheesemaking Workshops
- Nature Walks
- Discussion Groups
- Folk Dance Lessons
- Bingo & Trivia Games and Bridge
- Talent Show
- Social Dancing
- Professional Entertainment
- Local Trips out to Tanglewood, Jacob’s Pillow, Norman Rockwell Museum, Sharon Playhouse, Music Mountain and more
- Delicious glatt kosher homemade meals that emphasize low-salt, low-cholesterol, and low-fat cuisine
- Free round-trip bus transportation from Manhattan
- Fully air-conditioned lodging facilities
- Exercise classes
- Boating, swimming, and fishing in our private lake
- Miles of forest trails, from gentle paths to challenging walks
- Medical professional on staff and one of the finest hospitals in New England 15 minutes away
- 400-Acre Facility featuring a Beautiful Lake
- Spacious Dining Room (118 Capacity)
- Large Recreation Hall
- Onsite organic farm and animal barnyard
- Free Wireless Internet
- Arts & Crafts Building
- Well-stocked Library
- Furnished Lounges with Card Tables
- Public Telephone Access
- Miles of Nature Trails
- Lakeside Gazebo
- Tennis Court
- Guest Laundry on premises
- Canteen for purchasing snacks and sundry items
- Game Room and TV Lounge
- Swimming Pool
You may want to bring:
- Over-the-counter and/or prescription medications
- Chargers for electronic devices
- Sun protection (sunblock, sunglasses, a hat)
- Rain gear (a jacket and/or umbrella)
- Ritual wear
- Comfortable, loose-fitting clothes for yoga and movement classes
- Closed toe shoes
- Hiking boots to enjoy our many trails
- A jacket and pants or a long skirt for cool nights
- Swimwear to enjoy our pool and lake
- Festive attire for parties
- Toiletries like deodorant and toothpaste for sale in the bookstore
- Extra kippot and tallitot, in addition to siddurim and sefarim
- Yoga mats, blankets, and blocks
- Heat and A/C in all guest rooms
- Linens and towels in all guest rooms
- Alarm clocks in all guest rooms
Rates are per-person and include all lodging, meals, in-camp activities.
The full stay is Monday, July 11 – Sunday, July 24.
Partial stays are offered in the following increments:
- Monday, July 11 – Sunday, July 17
- Monday, July 18 – Sunday, July 24
|Double-occupancy with shared bath||Elm, Kaufmann||1260||760|
|Single-occupancy with shared bath||Elm, Kaufmann||1495||900|
|Double-occupancy with semi-private bath||Maple, Blue Heron, Cedar||1365||820|
|Single-occupancy with semi-private bath||Maple, Blue Heron, Cedar||1700||1020|
|Deluxe double-occupancy with private bath||Pine, Scheuer||1700||1020|
|Deluxe single-occupancy with private bath||Pine, Scheuer||2425||1455|
|Premium double-occupancy with private bath||May, Weinberg||1950||1170|
|Premium single-occupancy with private bath||May, Weinberg||2825||1695|
Please call (860) 824-5991 x0 to register over the phone for a week-long partial stay.
Rates are per-person and include all lodging, meals, in-camp activities. Prices do not include costs for optional trips to local destinations.
We provide provide free roundtrip bus services from the Upper West Side of Manhattan and a roundtrip shuttle from Hartford Airport (BDL) on the first and last day of the program only. Other transportation needs will be at guests’ own expense. You will have the opportunity to sign up for the bus service or airport shuttle when you register.
You will receive a confirmation email once you have registered and made a payment online or by phone. If you do not receive the confirmation email within 24 hours of registering, please call us at (860) 824-5991 x0.
We strive to make our programs affordable to everyone.
All registration forms are subject to approval. A deposit of $100 per person is required and is nonrefundable under all circumstances. There is an additional $275 fee per person if you cancel after May 31, 2016. There will be no refunds for cancellations after July 10, 2016, no-shows, late arrivals, or for early departures. This cancellation policy applies even if the cancellation is for medical reasons.
Isabella Freedman reserves the right to cancel any program at any time. In the event of such cancellation, you will be given a complete refund.
If you’re new to Isabella Freedman, check out our Frequently Asked Questions for information about where we’re located, arrival and departure times, what to bring, etc.